If your stairs are outdoors, Lift Me has a stairlift to suit your needs.
Outdoor stairlifts are designed and built to resist the elements and operate in a wide range of temperatures.
HomeGlide outdoor stairlift
- For straight outdoor stairs
- Fits to the stairs, no wall fixings required
- 125kg weight capacity
- Manual folding footrest as standard
- Manual seat swivel
- Battery operated, so the stairlift can still be operated during a power outage
- Integrated joystick on arm rest
- Safety features that stop the stair lift automatically if it encounters any obstacles
- Fold up arms, seat and footrest
- Height adjustable seat
- Remote controls
- Retractable seatbelt
- Easy to clean plastic back and seat
- Waterproof coating which protects all exposed parts of the lift
- All outdoor stairlifts come with a weatherproof cover to keep it clean and dry when not in use.
- 2x 12v battery operation. Requires a power point to recharge the batteries, plugged in at all times.
- Rail brackets fixed to the step treads – no wall fixings
- 125kg maximum weight capacity
- Straight finish at the bottom and top of stairs.
- Manual swivel seat – for getting on and off the lift at the top landing
- Power supply – powered by 240V power point to recharge batteries. The lift operates off the batteries when in use so will continue to run in the event of a power failure
- Height adjustable seat
- Waterproof protection
- Waterproof coating which protects all exposed parts of the lift against rain, dust and direct sunlight.
- Waterproof cover also provided to give additional protection to the lift when not in use
- Seat belt
- Integrated joystick control on arm rest
- Remote controls
- Key lock
- Fold up seat, arm rests and foot rest
- Safety pressure sensitive edges that automatically stop the lift if they sense an obstruction.
Safety and Security
Fold up seat, armrests and footrests – makes the stairs available for others when the stairlift is not being used
Safety Edges – pressure sensitive edges that automatically stop the lift if they sense an obstruction
Seat Belts on all lifts
Lockable to prevent unauthorised use of the lift by visitors and children
HomeGlide stairlifts are powered by direct current (DC) from rechargeable batteries. The mains power is stepped down with a transformer, so there is no mains power to your stairlift.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does the starlift connect to the wall?
No, nothing is connected to the wall. The rail is connected to the stairs by brackets, which are screwed into the stairs
What do the stairs have to be made off?
A stairlift can be installed on stairs made of timber, concrete or steel. It does not matter if the stairs are “bare” or covered in carpet, tiles, marble or most other finishes
What is the weight capacity of the stairlifts?
Stairlifts have a capacity of between 120kg up to 180kg, depending on the brand and model. We will recommend the best stairlift to suit your needs
How do I operate the stairlift?
There is a joystick control on the armrest. This is pushed gently in an up direction to move the lift up the stairs, or pushed downwards to move the lift down the stairs.
Can I move the stairlift while not sitting on it?
Yes, the lift comes with 2 remote controls, so that you can send or call the lift up or down the stairs. This is particularly useful if there are 2 people in the same home that need to use the lift
What happens if the power goes out?
The lifts run on batteries, which are continuously charged by a 240v power connection. If the power goes out to the house, the lifts can still be used for a number of trips. Once the power comes back on, the batteries will recharge automatically
Does the stairlift need a power point?
The stairlifts run on batteries that are continuously charged from a standard 240v power point. There needs to be a power point in close proximity to the stairs that we will use to power the lift. We will assess this when we come to measure the stairs. If a suitable power point is not available we can organise to get one installed by a licensed electrician or you can organise this yourself.
How long do the batteries last?
Typically the batteries will last around 5 years before needing to be replaced. The batteries are available at local electrical retailers and the cost of replacing the batteries is less than $100
Are the stairlifts easy to use?
Yes. Although the mechanics of a lift may seem complicated, using them is simple. We have installed lifts for people of all ages and abilities, and everyone has been able to use the lift. We will instruct you in how to use the lift and let you have test runs until you feel comfortable. You can call “Lift Me” at any time if you have questions about your stairlift – we are here to help.
Does the stairlift go fast?
No. Stairlifts are not designed to be “joy rides” for thrill seekers, they are designed to get you up and down the stairs safely, in most cases far quicker than it would take you to walk the stairs.
Are stairlifts safe?
The stairlifts come with a range of features that make them extremely safe to use, and for others in the house. Features include seatbelts, safety edges that stop the lift in the event of an obstruction and swivel seat safety circuits. The also have batteries that allow the lift to continue running if the power goes out.
Does the stairlift take up much room on the stairs?
We will advise the best stairlift for your stairs that will take up the least amount of room. The seat, armrests and footrest all fold up when not in use, minimising the space they occupy, allowing others to use the stairs.
Does the stairlift need servicing?
We recommend the stairlift is serviced every 12 months. We will contact you to remind you that your lift is due for a service.
How do I stop children playing with the stairlift?
Our stairlifts come with a key that turns off the lift, so that it will not operate for inquisitive youngsters
What happens if something goes wrong with my stairlift?
Our stairlifts come with a parts & labour warranty. We also offer regular servicing of the lifts. If at any time you have a question about your lift, or a problem with the lift, give us a call and we will help you out.
Download the HomeGlide outdoor stairlift brochure